Room at the Inn
Room for You at
Room at the Inn…
a 24-hour emergency shelter for women and families dealing with homelessness. On the 4th Saturday of each month St. Joseph Parish provides a welcoming environment for up to 10 guests. Clients and hosts share meals, fellowship and a safe place to sleep. Volunteers are an essential component of Room at the Inn and we are looking to expand our volunteer list. We ask you to review the volunteer opportunities and prayerfully consider sharing an hour our two with this wonderful ministry.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Saturday afternoon driver – 2 to 3 drivers arrive at Providence House in Bridgeton, MO at approximately 5:00 pm to bring our guests back to Notre Dame House.
- Dinner – 2 families coordinate the meal served shortly after the guests arrive at Notre Dame House. Those providing dinner are asked to stay for dinner and socialize with the guests. Entire families are welcome to stay.
- Hospitality – volunteers stay from 7:00 to 8:30 pm playing games or sharing activities. During warm weather we might walk to the playground in Schroeder Park.
- Overnight – 2 people are asked to spend the night; husband and wife teams or 2 individuals. Overnight people arrive at 8:30 pm on Saturday and leave around 7:30 am on Sunday morning after our guests head back to Providence House.
- Breakfast – can be brought to Notre Dame House on Saturday evening or Sunday morning around 6:30 am.
- Sunday morning driver – 2 to 3 drivers leave Notre Dame House around 7:30 am to take our guests back to Providence House in Bridgeton.
- Laundry – takes the bed sheets, pillow cases and towels home to be washed.
Find out more information here http://www.roomstl.org/
If you would like to be part of this wonderful ministry or have questions about Room at the Inn, you can contact Karen Lucash at 636-391-6522 or Bill Oesterle at 314-581-2260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also click on the below links to sign up on the schedule:
*Room at the Inn requires anyone who drives, provides dinner or breakfast, spends the evening or stays overnight to be in compliance with the Safe Environment Program/Protecting God’s Children. Contact Maureen O'Reilly in the Parish Office, 636-227-5247, for questions about the Safe Environment Program.